So while putting songs on a friends iPod I ran across a song called "Make Up" by Jazzy(Formerly of Black Buddafly). I like the German group Black Buddafly so I took a listen and to my surprise the song is PURE FIRE! Like seriously this song is my new sh*t! I did a bit of research and by the grace of God the song just so happend to be on iTunes!!!! But the "Jazzy" is not the same one from Black Buddafly Idk who this chick is but she has a EP on iTunes called "Oh Jazzy". I only purchased Make Up so I dont know if the whole thing is good. I'll probably get the rest when I get some more coins to trick off on iTunes. The song is NOT new at all its actually from 2007 but who really cares??? Check out this hotness!
Sunday, December 13, 2009
After her 2007 release of Good Girl Gone Bad Robyn Rihanna Fenty FINALLY Released her new album Rated R last month. Here is my review.
1.Mad House- Interesting start to the album, very dark and kinda spooky! Definitely sets a tone for what is to come.3/5
2.Wait Your Turn- Rihanna goes back to her island roots on this one! The beat is hard and is a fusion of rock and hip hop but Rihanna serves it up island style on the verses with a THICK carribean accent. Im not sure if I get the song but it sounds nice 4/5
3.Hard ft. Young Jeezy- If Beyonce's song Diva had a little sister this would be it! I like the song a lot and I hate to compare the two women but this is just sounds like her version of Diva...3/5
4.Stupid In Love- This is where the album takes a more personal turn. This song is about realizing that the bad relationsip you're in will never work and finally giving up.
5.Rockstar 101 ft. Slash- I LOVE this song! Its so aggressive! This song is basically her saying "Im the sh*t b*tches!!" favorite line "6inch walker/big sh*t talker/I've never played the victim/I rather be a stalker/so baby take me in/I disobey the law/make sure you frisk me good/check my panties & my bra!"
6.Russian Roulette-This song is like crack to my ears! I dont know how many times Ive played it but I know its a lot!
7.Fire Bomb- This song was a grower but I absolutely love it! Its pop mixed with alternative/rock.4/5
8.Rude Boy-Rihanna gets naughty on this song! The only thing that comes to mind when I hear this song is sex! And for some reason the song reminds me of Beyonce...I like it! 5/5
9.Photographs-It took a while for me to like this song because i used to HATE it but this is really good song about love lost. 4/5
10.G4L- "I lick the gun when Im dont cuz I know revenge is sweet/ Im down for life, b*tch Im wit you/we got our guns in the motherf*ckin air/Gangster 4 Life!!" 3/5
11.Te Amo- The beat SCREAMS Ms. Independent but the song is hot. Its about going out to dance and girl coming onto you on the dancefloor. Rihanna is thrown off but keeps on dancing! 4/5
12.Cold Case Love- Another personal song. The lyrics are good but something makes the song seem kinda...boring...3/5
13.The Last Song-Rihanna shows a lot of vocal growth on this song! The song is repetitive tho...but I love her vocals! 4/5
This is a GREAT follow up to Good Girl Gone Bad. Out of all four of Rihanna's albums none of them sound the same. Rihanna always seems to find a way to reinvent herself each time which is what a artist SHOULD do! She definitely is not afraid to take risks! The album is very aggressive and has quite a bit of profanity which is not something youre used to hearing from Robyn but its all good with me! Another GOOD album from RiRi!! Definitely worth BUYING!!!
Amerie debuted with her first album "All I Have" in 2002. It was her 2005 hit "1 Thing" that really put her on the map. That is when Amerie revieled her true style and signature sound. Amerie is now known for her sound which consists of heavy drums and other live instruments. It's very reminiscent to the DMV area's go-go music. Amerie recently released her fourth studio album titled "In Love & War" and on this album she mixes her signature sound with old school hip hop but also adds a few nice mid tempo's and ballads in the mix. Here is my review:
1. Tell Me You Love Me- Amerie opens the album with a funky upbeat song where she tries to persuade a man the she will make him fall in love with her. 4/5
2. Heard Em All- This the second single lifted from the album. I didnt like it at first listen but once I saw the video I fell in love with the song. Now I listen to it all the time! 5/5
3. Dangerous- Another funky tune. The beat reminds me alot of Kill Bill. It sounds like something that would played during a fight scene. I dont really care for the song too much...3/5
4. Higher- One of the albums stand out tracks! I don't know what it is about this particular song but I love it! 5/5
5. Why R U- Classic Amerie song. Also the lead single. 4/5
6. Pretty Brown ft. Trey Songz- Mint Condition some= HOTNESS! Pretty Brown Eyes is on of my favorite old school jams. Amerie and Trey definitely did this song justice!
7. More Than Love ft. Fabolous- I like this song A LOT! It's a song about relationships. basically asking how can we call it love when we dont trust eacother and the only time we're good is when we make love. Kinda makes you question your own relationship....5/5
8. Swagback- This is a solid mid-tempo joint. 3/5
9.You're A Star(Interlude)-This wasn't really needed imo...She is just repeating herself...
10. Red Eye-This song is SEXY I like it! Everything about it. The beat, airy vocals,the melody. This song is PERFECTION 5/5
11. The Flowers- The albums first ballad. I enjoyed this song, its the perfect song to play for someone when you breakup with them. Basically just letting them know all the things they SHOULD HAVE been doing to keep you! 4/5
12. Different People- This is probably my favorite song on the album. Its about a relationship gone bad because the man has changed so much from the man he used to be and Amerie can no longer take it. 5/5
13. Dear John- Another Ballad Nicely put together 4/5
14. Heard Em All remix ft. Lil Wayne- Same as original only with Weezy adding some hot rhymes 5/5
Amerie is SERIOUSLY slept on! This album is a REALLY good album and if you dont already have it GO OUT AND BUY IT NOW! This is most definitely goin on my "Top albums of '09" list!
OMG I havent blogged in sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long! No fear Im back and I will be trying to blog more often! I have a few new cd's and I will be reviewing them shortly so u can know what to buy and what to not even download! Coming up are reviews of Rihanna Chris Brown Amerie Melanie Fiona & Trey Songz. First up Amerie!